Let me start by saying, I am the luckiest girl alive (perhaps my hips not so much). But yes, I have the worlds greatest, most cupcake talented step mummy, ever! Whenever i'm staying at my dads I'm treated to the yummiest things, whether it be chocolate mousse, carrot cake muffins or her infamous cupcakes! Yet, i've never once shared such delights on my blog, and we both decided it was about time I did! Consider yourselves very, very fortunate for this is the first time she's shared any of her baking secrets so i gaurantee you're in for a delicious treat! We all love chocolate (unless you're not normal) therefore these delicious chocolate chip cupcakes with chocolate fudge icing seemed the perfect introduction to JoJo's wonderful creations! I hope
I know you will love them ...
1. Cream butter and sugar together until soft and creamy.
2. Beat in eggs, one at a time, with a spoonful of flour to avoid curdling.
3. Sift flour and cocoa together, then add to butter, sugar & egg mixture.
4. Add chocolate chips, and fold all ingredients together.
5. Spoon mixture into cases so they are half full.
6. Bake at 155 degrees for 20 minutes or until springy to the touch and so a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Melt butter and chocolate in a bowl, over a pan of simmering water
8. When melted stir gently, and add the golden syrup, then pour onto the cooled cupcakes. Leave to set slightly and then decorate as you wish.
So there you have it, the most delicious, and easy chocolate fudge cupcakes ever invented! Such a perfect treat to make on a sunday, especially to enjoy after a scrumptious Sunday roast! The little butterflies are made using simply paper cutters and sugar paper! But obviously you don't have to make them! You can use any yummy topping whether its chocolate chunks, marshmallows or sprinkles to finish off your cupcakes! x x x