Okay, so when it comes to clearing and sorting our wardrobes, us girls are all the same. It's the usual 'I might wear that to a party' 'It might come back into fashion' or 'I've had that since a child' that stops us from selling it, throwing it in the bin, or taking it to the charity shop. So after years of trying to clear my wardrobe (and epically failing) it has finally hit me that i need 'get over it' and just blooming chuck it out. Out of the entire contents of my wardrobe (ignoring the clothes in my draws) I probably only wear 50% of it, which is pretty darn awful and I constantly keep onto things in the worry i might regret getting rid of it. Well, if you're either selling it or charity shopping it you've done good for yourself and others, so either save the money or invest in some new clothing you do actually like. Our styles constantly change, so whats the point holding onto things you never wear and block up your wardrobe? - None at all.
It's that time of year again where my wardrobe is crying for me to 'de-stuff' it. I honestly could not fit another item of clothing in there, so it's time for a change. Here's my wardrobe and my tips to clearing it out...
1. I like to start by taking out the obvious things i don't wear/like anymore.
2. 'Item coordinate' your wardrobe. By that i mean, put all your trousers, skirts, shorts, dresses, tops etc.. together in your wardrobe.
3. Look at how much of each item you have, this helps to decide what you have too much or not enough of.
4. Try to get rid of at least one of each item.
5. Pick out the pieces you are not sure about. The fact that you can't decide means you really don't need it, so put it in your pile with the clothes from the first option.
6. Make one last check through your wardrobe, now sort what your selling, charity shopping, giving to a sibling or if you don't want to do any of these - bin it.
Okay, so to some of you my wardrobe may not look much different, but, I honestly did take a lot out, like you can see from the mahussive pile of clothes! Some are actually lovely vintage pieces so I will be selling them on my Boutique and the others i will give to the charity shop! So check them out soon! ... Another last minute tip of mine is; if you have an item that is a lovely pattern and material such as dress, but you don't like the shape of it, why not try and make it into a skirt? I actually have a dress I'm going to change, but this will be posted when i have time to get the sewing machine out! It's definitely worth a try, and if you mess it up, it doesn't matter. I hope this post was helpful girlies! I would love to know if any of you have had a 'successful' wardrobe clear out!
Lots of love xxx