*The makeup edit: Affordable summer lipsticks*

Lipstick : MUA shade 2 / Mascara : YSL Shocking / Foundation : Clinique 'even better' / Eye Line : YSL shocking

Yep, you read the title right. I have finally done another MAKEUP post! Don't worry, I'm probably just as shocked as you all are right now. I suddenly noticed that a lot of my questions on my blog, and my Instagram are about my makeup (mainly my lip colour) so decided that it's about time i put some makeup rambles on here too. Let me just start by saying I am in no way a Makeup artist, I wear what I feel is best for me, and apply it how i feel is right. My makeup is never perfect, and i often have days where my eyebrows are wonky, my lipstick smudged and my bronzer perhaps a little too much. However, I try my best, invest in high end products (and the occasional drug store product which you will find out about in a minute) and like most girls, am bloomin' addicted to the stuff. Unfortunately for my bank account YSL, Clinique and Estee Lauder happen to be some of my favourite brands, and Chanel (especially their lipglosses - YOU MUST TRY THEM) is worryingly becoming more popular in my makeup bag. However, don't fret, I'm also a sucker for a bargainous Drug store product too. Obviously Rimmels 'Stay matte' powder is in the top 10, and recently i've discovered the wonders of MUA. Their new 'undress me too' eye shadow pallette is ah-may-zing (saved me splashing out on the Naked pallette) and i've also become a fan of their £1 lipsticks! YES, ONE BRITISH POUND. I know. Calm down girls ...

I'm used to spending an average of £20- £30 on a lip stick *Cue YSL rouge volupte addiction* so as you can imagine, the much loved Barclays card has been a little happier recently. The colour is surprisngly pigmented, the application really easy, they haven't dried my lips out (so far) and the variety of colours is wonderful. I typically go for brighter lip colours rather than nudes, as i just feel a bright lip brings out my eyes. Maybe? So as this colour is quite a vampy pinky/purple shade I added a bit more eye makeup with a winged liner, and extra layerings of mascara (for anyone wondering, I don't wear false eye lashes), It's a look i'd wear to go out for dinner, or even in the day If i was wearing quite a basic outfit. I definitely recommend checking out MUA's lipsticks range (available at Superdrug) if you are after some affordable lip products for summer!

What do you think of the look? Would you like to see a few more makeup posts? xxx

34 comments:

  1. I have the MUA lipstick and ita really pretty, its lovely on you x

    www.justshazea.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lipstick colour really suits you! I've tried a few things from MUA and have liked them. The fact that most things are £1 just makes me love the brand even more :)xo

    http://901lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That colour looks really amazing on you!
    Very pretty.

    darlingsophie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're stunning Jade! That lipstick colour looks gorgeous on you! xxx



    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks gorgeous on you, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so gorgeous and that's such a stunning colour!! <3
    http://cutiepiepenguin.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colour and I love the use of photography! :)
    www.theemeralddove21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That lipstick is BEAUTIFUL! The color looks amazing on you! New follower via Bloglovin' <3 Alex

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4239571/into-the-woods

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven’t tried this personally but I’ve heard a lot of good things about it. Sounds good though from what you’ve said. It looks such a vibrant shade too. Perfect for summer! Might have to actually go out and try it now! Defiantly your newest fan now xx
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks gorgeous on you, love it! little black dress

    ReplyDelete
  11. the colour looks lovely on your skin tone..always look forward to your posts!

    http://sorayray.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. That lipstick colour is gorgeous! As are you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have the best blog ever! :) I love everything you post. its so helpful and cute. :) I followed via bloglovin'. Come check out my blog k?
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4247273

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww, this looks like a lovely colour! I love your blog!!

    Please stop by my blog..
    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    Brittany, xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous color!
    http://lexiluthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. great post - you look gorge! <3 <3

    http://stylingbyjong.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are soo amazingly beautiful! I love how the lipstick looks on you! Love, Anna

    www.fashionanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. So so lovely on you! Really completes your face (if that's not weird to say?! haha, I just mean it's a nice finish) I have no idea if this is your kind of thing, but I'm having a jewellery giveaway if you wana take a look and join in? http://improvisedintentions.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/giveaway.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I too made a post about lipsticks, check it out on my blog www.momentsofbeautywars.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this colour on you, i'm definitely going to try mua lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Woah this shade looks really pretty on you. I followed you:)
    come say hello: strokesofsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a gorgeous shade, I am definitely buying that mua lipstick :) x

    ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a stunning shade, it doesn't look like much off but once its on its so lovely!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  24. you are so prettttyy!
    great post :)
    FOLLOWING YOU!

    www.aphroditeblue.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love lipsticks and there's a lot of good affordable ones out there :) I like this one! You look really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That looks beautiful on you :)
    www.jaymieocallaghan.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. that's a really, really pretty color! and it looks fantastic on you! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. That colour looks brilliant on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  29. that colour really fits you!

    www.theunwrittenstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous shade on your lips, would love to see more make-up posts!
    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey! Love this post :) I'm your newest follower! I've just started a new beauty blog and it would mean the world to me if you could check it out and let me know what you think.

    Thanks so much!
    Daisy Dear

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a pretty lip colour, it really suits you! xx

    beauty-bows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Oh My Love
Hi, I'm Jade. Just a 19 year old girl with big dreams. Chocolate lover, shopaholic and living way beyond my means. (That rhyme was unintentional, honest.) If you'd like to get in contact, i'd love to hear from you at: dotty.dolly@ymail.com

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers