A Christmas Party Makeup Look

Only 2 days, 5 hours, 18 minutes and 20 seconds until Christmas day. I'm not counting down, honest... Okay, that's a lie. I'm SO excited! The christmas tree is completely surrounded by presents, mulled wine constantly brewing, and work is coming to a close for a few weeks. All we need now is some snow, and i'll be one happy little girly. Realistically though, that's never going to happen. Damn.

To get me out of the sadness that a white christmas is just not going to occur, I've spent all day glamming myself up and trying out outfits for Christmas day and New Year. I will be honest, my mum, sister and I have decided this year that we're just going to have a quiet one. No doubt, the day will be spent in onesies, watching Love Actually and eating our body weights in chocolate. What time christmas dinner will be cooked is an unknown mystery, and i really can't wait for a cosy day in. Slightly different to the manic, dressed up, family filled christmas days i'm used to, but it will be a pleasant change. Don't panic though, i WILL have the chance to dress up. Christmas Eve is going to be a big one, as will New Years Eve with my dads side of the family!




Perfume: Marc Jacobs Dot / Hair tongs: c/o Remington / Nails: Barry M gelly in pomegranate / Necklace: c/o Sammy Dress

Each year, I massively overspend on new dresses for the party season, often to find i wear something I already own (anyone else guilty of this?). So, this year, i'm saving my pennies and making use of what i've got. This post is mainly about the hair and makeup, but when i wear this dress New Year i'll get some outfit shots for you!

Personally, I think Christmas time is all about the sparkly eyes and red lips. It's a look i love to wear and the festive season is the perfect time to wear it. I went for a less dramatic eye by using a white glittery shadow on my lid, gold shadow in the crease, and a metallic purple eyeliner in the water and lash line. For the lips, I used a red lip liner, and pinky/red lipstick. You could add more glam with darker eyeshadows and winged eyeliner, but i kept it down. For a highlight, I used my new Laura Mercier shimm bloc which i'm head over heels in love with. I may just have to do a review on it soon!?

All products used:
Face 
Rimmel clear complexion powder
NARS blusher in 'desire'*
MAC mineralise skin finish in 'gold deposit'*
Laura Mercier shimmer bloc in 'pink mosaic'*

Eyes
MUA natural eye shadow palette
Urban Decay glide on eye pencil in 'Rockstar'

Lips

Hair

For my hair, i kept it simple by curling it into big loose curls, and pinning back the annoying bit of hair that falls down my face. (we all have that, right?) I love how 'retro' the look turned out, and it is definitely one I will wear more often.

What makeup and hair looks are you going for this Christmas? I'd love you to leave any links to your posts below or Facebook me here!! xxx
Products marked with * were bought with a Selfridges voucher thanks to The Watch Gallery

10 comments:

  1. You look lovely! x
    http://lornaswishingwell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely look, I have a very similar necklace and can't stop wearing it!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, I have the LM shimmer block and I absolutely love it!
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so pretty, I love the lipstick colour :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post!!! Beautiful look for the festive season, Emma
    http://blondebeautyfix.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look gorgeous! :)
    have a wonderful christmas,
    lora xxx
    www.loraloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That palette is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am in love with your lipstick colour and your eyes look incredible!

    xo Sarah
    http://absolutelysarahx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous festive make-up look! That red lipstick is just the perfect party shade and your hair looks lovely. It makes me wish I had a Christmas party to get glammed up for...maybe NEw Year's Eve :)

    Hannah's Haven

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your blog!! This is the first time that I visited your blog and I'm in love :) I just started my blog a couple of weeks ago and still trying to get use to it but that would be so lovely if you could visit my blog and check out some of my post :) I just posted my new year's resolutions post!

    http://mayumi1992.blogspot.jp

    Thank you so much!
    I just followed your blog :) I really appreciate it if you could follow me back ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Oh My Love
Hi, I'm Jade. Just a 19 year old girl with big dreams. Chocolate lover, shopaholic and living way beyond my means. (That rhyme was unintentional, honest.) If you'd like to get in contact, i'd love to hear from you at: dotty.dolly@ymail.com

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers