The new faux fur in my life . . .



This, my lovelies, is the new faux fur in my life. Yes, i'm totally in love with it! Last thursday i had a mahusive break at college, and after 3 hours on blogger, i decided enough was enough and headed into town with my sister. She's become obsessed with charity shops recently (clearly my influence ;) so we had a stroll around all of them. Just as we were about to go back to college i remembered id forgotten to go into my favourite charity shop (how?, i don't know.) So we went in. Over in the 'vintage section' there was honestly about 15 faux fur and sheepskin coats from prices of £8 to £35! I ran over, and noticed this coat. Just as i went to grab it, a lady in a wheelchair wanted to get through, so being the lovely person i am ;) i let her through. To my dismay, she grabbed this coat. I was gutted....THEN she decided to put it back! YAAAAY! So i tried it on; and fell in love. With a price tag of just £15 i knew i had to have it! However, my unluckiness struck again when my stupid card wouldn't work (someone keeps trying to hack into it) so i had to ask the lady to reserve it till the next day for me. She wrote on the label 'to be picked up on the 23rd' so off i trotted, happy as larry back to college. Only then did i realise that it was actually the 23rd that day, so my coat would be put back on the shelves for someone else to grab. *tears* I decided me and this coat were not meant to be, so just gave up hope. Thankfully, the next morning my boyfriend suggested calling them up (clever idea) and they hadn't actually sold it because the lovely lady had realised she got the date wrong, so 2 hours after that phone call i was snuggled up in my new coat and headed down south for the weekend a very happy, lucky and warm girly. 

Okay, i sound totally obsessed, but maybe me and this beauty are meant to be after all? ;) I actually sold a faux fur coat on ebay not so long ago (i loved it, but despite it being a size 10 it was HUGE) and I really wanted a new one, especially as they are such a vital wardrobe essential for winter. Although this is apparently a size 12 it fits amazingly with that slightly 'oversized' look every faux fur coat needs. 

I hope you enjoyed this! have a lovely wednesday girlies xxx


22 comments:

  1. WOW love the coat :D soooo nice.

    daisy-laura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this coat is lush! looks so warm xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous of you finding this in a charity shop, wish my local one had a vintage section! Its so beautiful! It was definitely fate.
    abbi,x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a story for a coat!
    Nice.
    I love it`s color. It is beautiful and worth a fight ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this coat! I was hoping it was going to be from the high street so I could get one too! Gutted. You're gorgeous by the way :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW I LOVE ITTTT! Great find, you look gorgeous in it

    Marie x
    marieeeloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. very very pretty coat..you look gorgeous here. :))
    Much love, Gabriele.xx

    P.S- would you like to follow me via GFC or bloglovin'? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. Such a lovely colour too!

    http://thefashiondistrictnlc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty coat, looks so great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you got it! It's gorgeous :D x


    christine-thisgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So good! I want to stroke you!

    Laila x
    thekittenswhiskers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're so pretty its not fair :L
    wish my charity shops were better and had 'vintage ' sections :)

    www.heelsandhair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaawh! You are soooo pretty : ) I love the coat!!
    I just posted my first outfit photo's! It would really mean a lot to me if you'd check it out and maybe even leave a comment :).
    xo Paula – www.paschionforfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it, and what a mission it was totally meant to be

    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am absolutely in love with your coat!!! It looks so cosy as well!!
    Great Blog Darling! Lots of love AmenFashion17

    ReplyDelete
  16. that is gorgeous I am so jealous! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Its lovely I am going to have to get myself one soon now that is getting a bit colder here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely! winter is approaching for us in australia!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a gorgeous coat! :) I'm trying out charity shop shopping too this weekend!:) I'm following, I'd love it if you could follow back?:)xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your eyes are so pretty! as is the coat of course, how lucky to find this in a vintage shop too!
    Lovely blog, definitely following :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a stunning coat; at such a bargain..All the hassle and lack of luck paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  22. are u katy perrys sis:)) love ur stuff!La Folie 

    ReplyDelete

 
Oh My Love
Hi, I'm Jade. Just a 19 year old girl with big dreams. Chocolate lover, shopaholic and living way beyond my means. (That rhyme was unintentional, honest.) If you'd like to get in contact, i'd love to hear from you at: dotty.dolly@ymail.com

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers